Saturday, May 30, 2009

roma (Rome) i

It's 2:48AM in Lecce and I just hacked into the internet. Seems like some things never change.

I'll write in here briefly and give a more detailed account of what's been going on tomorrow. It's Sunday, anyway, and literally EVERYTHING is closed except for one store from 9AM-1PM and you can bet your butt I'll be there. But other than that, there's nothing to do. Stephanie and I will probably walk around and she's going to give me a brief cooking lesson (thank God) before I try it out. It's amazing the convenience we have in America. There have been a couple of times I just assumed something would be done for me or be available for me and it wasn't. You have to ask for the check. Everything will be closed on Sundays and this Tuesday. There might be an elevator, but you have to take stairs to get to it. Et cetera.

I arrived in Rome an hour late with only 3 hours of sleep under my belt. After running around like maniacs for the past two days (all of which I will go into detail about later), all I can say is this:

I am a very, very happy girl.


Thanks, US Airways.


Thanks, Daddy.


Hello, Rome.

MORE PHOTOS AT: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mollygoestoitaly/

No comments:

Post a Comment