Saturday, June 6, 2009

come fare la pasta

I'm working on a longer entry but here is me, Stephanie, and Stefano making pasta:


"Look cute!"


Our cooking professor, Gianni.


Stirring the flour and salt with my hands.


Kneading the dough.


I had some trouble - Gianni said it was because I was only using my arms, not my whole body.


Learning!


Teaching (and cutting)!


Roll.


Roll, roll, roll.


Step one: cut.


Step two: spread.


Step three: mold over thumb.


And voila! (Wrong language.)


Le paste.


La salsa e le verdure! (The sauce and vegetables!)


Yum.


Mangia! (Eat!)


E finito! (It's finished!)

2 comments:

  1. Why does handmade pasta always look so effin delish?
    ...Almost as delish as Gianni.
    HAHA HILARIOUS, NO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looks delish because it IS delish. The flour we used was local yellow flour from Lecce.

    And yes, you're hysterical.

    ReplyDelete